Here is a laptop with no DVD. How to add 2nd HDD
Hi, I have a HP laptop ac126la, which does not have a DVD drive, but when I opened i saw there is the jumper at the MB to connect the optical drive, so I want to use this to add a second hard drive to the laptop, a common SATA 2.5 inches HDD, just like the one which is already installed.
The questions are:
- What do i need to buy to connect a second HDD to the optical connector?
- are there multiple solutions?
I have imagined a simple solution, add the cable and connector as if i were to connect the optical drive, and use a DVD-HDD caddie adapter :
- search and buy a sata cable (How is this cable named? how to find it at the store?)
- search and buy a common DVD internal connector (How is this connector named? how to find it at the store?)
- search and buy a DVD-HDD caddie adapter, so i can plug the HDD into the adapter.
I attached an image of a similar laptop , as you can see there is no DVD drive, but there is the MB connector... hope its working
so please guide me to achieve this, thanks
What Do You Want To Read Next. Shot Me A Message.
Tell Me About Your Problem By Clicking Here. I Will Reply In Two Hours With A Solution.