Here is a laptop with no DVD. How to add 2nd HDD
Hi, I have a HP laptop ac126la, which does not have a DVD drive, but when I opened i saw there is the jumper at the MB to connect the optical drive, so I want to use this to add a second hard drive to the laptop, a common SATA 2.5 inches HDD, just like the one which is already installed.
The questions are:
- What do i need to buy to connect a second HDD to the optical connector?
- are there multiple solutions?
I have imagined a simple solution, add the cable and connector as if i were to connect the optical drive, and use a DVD-HDD caddie adapter :
- search and buy a sata cable (How is this cable named? how to find it at the store?)
- search and buy a common DVD internal connector (How is this connector named? how to find it at the store?)
- search and buy a DVD-HDD caddie adapter, so i can plug the HDD into the adapter.
I attached an image of a similar laptop , as you can see there is no DVD drive, but there is the MB connector... hope its working
so please guide me to achieve this, thanks